(StatePoint) Upgrading your lifestyle doesn’t have to mean undergoing a major home renovation. By simply introducing a few technologies around the home, you can boost the style, efficiency and comfort of your living spaces. Consider these five ideas for five areas of your home:
• The Hallway: Why display just one photo when you can rotate several images that include all your favorite people and moments? A digital picture frame allows you to do just that, with many models connecting to apps that allow you to directly share photos to the wall-mounted device, which means you don’t actually have to be at home to do some light redecorating.
• The Home Theater: Still rocking a mercury bulb projector in your home theater? Unfortunately, the cooling fans, filters and toxic mercury bulbs associated with them are inefficient and high-maintenance. While a laser-only light source sounds good on paper, these models tend to be large and costly. Instead, consider upgrading to a laser and LED hybrid light source, such as Casio’s LampFree Projector XJ-A257, which is high-efficiency and structurally smaller, without compromising on brightness. Offering a lifespan of approximately 20,000 hours, the power-saving design of this particular model cuts energy consumption by as much as 40-50 percent, making this an addition to your home theater you can feel good about.
• The Kitchen: Slow cookers have always offered a convenient way to create an amazing meal without too much hands-on attention, but some of todays’ options are taking this concept a step further by connecting to smart technology. Now you can monitor and adjust cooking settings from afar, so that if something unexpected occurs and you get home later than planned, dinner doesn’t suffer for it.
• The Family Room: Whether you’re an aspiring musician or an accomplished pianist, your home can benefit from a digital piano that evokes the luxury of an acoustic grand. One such model is the PX-S3000, which features a sleek, glossy top panel and unibody case that fits any room, décor or mood. Its bright backlit LCD display and touch sensor controls are revealed only when the power button is pressed, leaving only a sleek, clean top panel when powered off. Thanks to integrated Bluetooth audio that lets you connect your device wirelessly; you can play your music through its powerful stereo amplification system.
• The Bathroom: Make stepping out of the shower a luxurious experience with a towel warming drawer, which keeps linens the perfect temperature for maximum comfort.
For some easy upgrades with a big impact, consider incorporating the best and brightest tech into your home.
Photo Credit: (c) in4mal / iStock via Getty Images Plus